Menzies Aviation - Operations Controller
Responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of the Operations Department, together with Aircraft turnaround procedures. Lead by example whilst maintaining Health & Safety standards and excellent working practices in line with Company policy.
- Day to day allocation and coordination of flights as per skills required, ensuring disruption is considered, communicating updates and changes to the daily mayfly across the appropriate networks.
- Investigation and analysis of all delays to maintain accurate delay reporting via movement messages, ensure any delays incurred by the Company or safety occurrences are reported to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for safe, secure & correct procedures from aircraft arrival to/departure from its parking stand. This is to include the overseeing of safety of the entire operation on the ramp area, involving all staff and third party supplier.
- Co-ordinating & recording the safe and timely delivery of all services to the aircraft at the request of the crew or engineers. Services include Catering, Fuelling, Engineering, Cleaners, Toilet/ Water servicing, Crew Transport, Ramp Agents & ground equipment, Passenger special assistance and De-icing.
- To assist with passenger services and passengers being directed to and from the aircraft in a safe manner.
- Responsible for the timely sending of all movement messages (to include AA/ED/AD/NI/ED/PSM) to all required outstations by SITA including detailed delay analysis.
- Supplying of weather/NOTAMS as required upon request to the Captain
- Customer liaison and dissemination of information regarding arriving and departing of flights.
- Ensure all airline operational requirements are met, such as loadsheet production in compliance with airline requirements, requesting flight plans through airline Operations Centres, movement / delay messages are sent, airline systems are updated and referred to and the monitoring progress of live flights is undertaken.
- Foster and enhance the relationships between staff, the airport and contracted service providers to deliver consistently outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring Menzies Aviation product is delivered consistently to demanding service level standards and on time performance targets.
Maintaining Policies and Procedures:
- Be familiar with all Company and Airline Ground Handling Manuals.
- Ensure all flight files are checked and compiled properly, confirm compliance with regulatory policies through document audits.
- To comply with all airlines weight & balance documentation and load sheet regulations and to convey the loading instruction to ramp staff.
- Maintain compliance with baggage reconciliation and “Triple A” legislation.
- Ensure all staff fully comply with Company Safety & Security Policies and Standards.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate reporting of all accidents and incidents incurred whilst on shift.
- Ensure safety is never comprised whilst fully complying with The Health & Safety at Work Act 1984 and Revisions.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner, and consistently deliver the highest possible level of customer service at all times.
- Implement and review Company standards for uniform together with training and development requirements.
- Reporting of sickness absence.
- Delegation of planning and office duties to Front of Hours Seniors, Dispatchers and Ramp Team Leaders.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested.
- Proven background in aviation or logistics industry.
- Knowledge of dispatch and weight and balance procedures an advantage.
- Ability to support, coach and motivate a team.
- Ability to perform to an excellent standard in a pressured environment and to tight deadlines.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of DfT Regulations, Health & Safety at Work Act and other compliances required.
- Ability to learn and understand GDS systems.
- Awareness and understanding of key Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to; Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Have excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Must be pro-active and forward thinking.
- Have exceptional communication skills, be driven and self-motivated.
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience working as a qualified dispatcher and load controller.
- Previous supervisory experience whilst not essential would be advantageous.
- Participate in team objectives.
- Undertake other reasonable duties, as and when deemed necessary by your manager.
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience. To be discussed at interview.
To apply: Please apply in the first instance by emailing your c.v. with covering letter, including your current salary, to: [email protected]
Internal candidates you are reminded to clear applications with your current line manager in advance of submitting.
Closing date: 20 January 2016