Faro, the capital of the Algarve has beautiful, long sandy beaches stretching away into the distance, with rocks on either side. Faro is a charming old town with cobbled streets and leafy parks.
Fly up to five times a week with easyJet and Ryanair.
Your photo gallery
Share your photos with us!
Email your photos along with your name, where you are from, where the photo was taken and your caption to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regularly update our galleries with your best photos!
Things to do in Faro
- Go on a caves and dolphin watch cruise
Cruise along the Algarve coastline to the Beach of Carvoeiro passing spectacular rock formations on the way, keeping an eye out for for the playful schools of dolphins regularly spotted in these waters. More >>
- Enjoy a thrilling jeep safari though the beautiful Algarve scenery
Promising fun, excitement and adventure, go up hills and down dales, cross streams and through meadows, go off the beaten track and into the heart of Algarve. More >>
- Visit some of the most charming coastal resorts and fishing villages of the Eastern Algarve
See the old town of Faro which contrasts the lively new town, cruise through the nature reserve at Rio Fromosa and visit ‘the Venice of Algarve’, the town of Tavira. More >>
- Discover the mysteries of the oceans at the Algarve best family theme park, Zoomarine
Discover the mysteries of the oceans at the Algarve best family theme park, Zoomarine. More >>
- Play golf in the many beautiful courses all along the Algarve
Portugal's southwest coast boasts over 300 days of sunny weather making it the ideal European golf destination. The100 mile coastline has over 25 courses and all within one and a half hours drive from Faro Airport.