Your amazing journey as a firefighter starts here
- Are you looking for an exciting new career, one with real variety where not only can you hone your existing skills, but also learn new ones?
- Are you looking for a role you can grow into, as part of a successful business, one which reflects your personality, one that fits just right?
- Are you proactive, self-motivated and passionate about doing the right thing?
If this sounds like you, then you could be just what we’re looking for as a firefighter in our Fire & Rescue Service.
Bristol Airport’s Fire & Rescue Service is an industry-leading aviation fire service. Based on-site at the airport in a brand new, purpose-built fire station, the team have access to cutting- edge vehicles and extensive training facilities including a state of the art 737 aircraft simulator.
The role of firefighter is essential to our airport’s operation, ensuring compliance and business continuity around the clock. Put simply, no aircraft can take off or land without the airport’s Fire & Rescue Service.
Not just about fighting fires…
A role in Bristol Airport’s Fire & Rescue Service really isn’t what you’d expect. Whilst responding swiftly to emergency calls will be a part of it, being a firefighter with us means so much more.
- Medical response and First Aid
- Winter operations (snow clearing, de-icing)
- Fire risk assessments and audits
- Intruder response
- Fire extinguisher commissioning and maintenance
- Security screening
- Teaching and instructing
Like any other firefighter role, the uniform comes with the job. But one thing is for sure, being a firefighter at Bristol Airport is anything but uniform.
It’s as much about your home life as it is about your work life
We promote a positive work-life balance at Bristol Airport. Whilst you will need to work shift patterns, you may find that these allow for more flexibility in your everyday life.
Our shift pattern is based on two 12-hour days (06:30 to 18:30) followed by two 12-hour nights (18:30 to 06:30) and then four days off-duty.
Find out more about what life’s like as a firefighter at Bristol Airport by watching Jordan's story:
This is a rare opportunity to join Bristol Airport’s Fire & Rescue Service, and become part of a mission critical team.
Apply today so that when a position becomes available, you'll be ready to join a supportive, professional team here at Bristol Airport. We are recruiting now, ready for our 2020 intake.
Successful candidates will receive a provisional offer and take a seat on our bench, ready for when the next position becomes available at anytime in the next 18 months.