WHSmith - Sales Assistant
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same, then look no further. We are looking for exceptional individuals used to working in a customer focused environment and highlighting promotions to join our store. Working in a team you will play an active role in providing a positive customer experience and driving sales.
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Hours/type of role: Permanent and Seasonal vacancies. From 6 hours per week to 39 hours (From 4am to 10pm).
- To always deliver a friendly service, smiling, greeting and making eye contact with every customer you come into contact with
- Working on tills accurately and efficiently, to provide a positive customer experience.
- Carry out stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy
- Meeting high standards of display and visual merchandising to ensure the store is well presented. Accurately following planograms
- Demonstrate good product knowledge to customers on key promotions and offers. Approaching customers that may require assistance if you are on the shop floor
- Targeted on having appropriate Till Point Conversations with every customer to add on sales and increase the average transaction value.
- Some roles will involve pushing loaded trolleys of stock for long distances
- Flexibility with working hours and the availability of transport as some stores are open for 24 hours
- Experience gained within a retail environment preferred
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
- Flexibility towards working hours
- Strong communication skills and ability to participate as a key team member
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Airside pass requirements – valid passport, 5 years continuous referencing, consent to undertake a Criminal Record Check
- 15% staff discount. After 3 months upto 30% discount in High street WHSmith stores
- Subsidised travel on the Airport Flyer bus services operating between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol and discounted fares apply when travelling on the Bath Bus service.
- Discounts across a range of the food and retail outlets in the terminal.
Salary: From £7.25 per hour