Hertz - Airport Duty Manager
Hertz started as a 12 car operation in Chicago in 1918, and has since grown into the world’s leading car rental company with over 11,000 locations in 140 countries.
The secret of our success is no secret, really - it lies in providing rewarding career paths, fostering personal achievement and celebrating our collective success. Being # 1 takes talent, a clear vision of the road ahead, a driving passion for excellence, but most of all, great people.
Across the UK we employ 1,400 people with over 30 different nationalities and we’re currently looking for a Duty Manager to be based at our Bristol Airport location.
What is this role all about?
As a Duty Manager you will motivate the frontline team to achieve maximum delivery of exceptional customer service and plan and ensure yield opportunities by actively planning fleet volumes and labour resources with demand. The Branch Supervisor will analyse and constantly improve financial performance through capturing all growth opportunities and maintaining low cost levels.
Ensure the delivery of first class service to all our customers with emphasis on revenue maximisation. Promote the sale of ancillary products, optimise Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and optimise the usage of the assets of the branch.
- Support Supervisor in branch fleet planning
- Source individual cars needed
- Ordering of tires/windscreens through Ariba
- Branch shift rotas
- Branch staff covers for holiday/absence
- Approval of any stationary order
- Ensure daily reports are run, reviewed and escalate issues to City Manager
- Review new procedures and communicate accordingly
- Ensure all rentals/returns are completed correctly
2. Maximise Customer ServiceNPS
- Review of daily NPS for branch
- Tag/action and escalate complaints where appropriate
- Support CSRs/Supervisors with over the counter customer complaints/issues
- Deliver on targets set by City Manager
- Work with Supervisor to identify training issues in relation to revenue management
- Awareness/monitor of competitor activity and escalate to City Manager
- Carry out branch quarterly H&S audits
- Review and action findings and escalate more serious issues to City Manager
4. Financial/Quality Audits
- Support and co-ordinate any branch audits
- Ensure branch is run in line with company procedures and up to audit standards
- Overview of all areas within branch and ensure they are appropriately managed,
- Responsible for absence management (short term sickness) within branch and escalate LTS to City Manager
- Daily Management of Supervisors
- Appraisals for Supervisors/CSR’s
- Identify/investigate disciplinary issues.
- Recruitment of Supervisors/CSRs/Drivers/QIs
- Exit Interviews as appropriate
- Communication with HR
- Identify staff training needs and escalate to City Manager
- Day to day coaching and mentoring of all branch staff.
- Plan induction for new branch staff
- Management of daily branch petty cash
- Responsible for Neverlost units
- Provide and deliver customer service excellence by ensuring that staff give the highest priority to customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with other key departments within the organisation to develop the branches and enhance service delivery.
- Ensure that rental, security, control of Company assets and Health and Safety procedures are met and adhered to.
- Ensure that all rentals, re-rents, reservations and quotations are completed in accordance with Hertz Procedures and policies.
- Drive sales of ancillary products and maximise revenue growth.
- Plan and monitor so that required tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Coach and develop your team to the highest level of commitment and ensure that the highest levels of customer service and image are established and maintained throughout.
- Ensure your shift operate within Hertz procedures in terms of personnel, policies and service.
Mandatory Requirements:Professional Experience:
- Previous people management & sales experience
- Operational Supervisory/Management Experience
- Target Driven
- Effective People Management Skills
- Customer Driven
- Sales Driven
- Planning & Organisation Skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Negotiation & Influencing Skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and able to work within demanding business environment
- Financial Analysis
- Full driving License
- People Management
- Crisis management
- Decision Making
- Relationship management
- Ensure Vision, Mission and Values underpin all activities
- Operational Excellence
- Business Acumen
How to apply: If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this challenging role in an established organisation please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date: 30th November 2016