Mego Employment Centre - Valet Parking Team Leader
We have an exciting opportunity for a Valet Parking Team Leader to join our team in Bristol Airport.
Job description/Overview of the role:
This is an hourly paid seasonal role operating from March through to October, based at the Silver Zone, Bristol Airport. Work would likely be available through the winter months but hours cannot be guaranteed.
Mego Employment manages the Valet Parking operation for Bristol Airport Ltd (BAL) and this role involves the supervisory management of a team of Mego Valet Parking Operatives who move passenger’s vehicles from the Drop Off Zone to a block parking area and back again to a Pick Up area prior to the passengers returning.
The Bristol Airport Valet Parking operation is a complex, high profile and time critical 24/7/365 operation requiring total commitment to delivering outstanding customer service and the desire to work in a pressurised environment, coping with long hours, a shift pattern involving early starts/late finishes and weekend working during the peak summer months.Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that your team have been correctly and fully trained before they start work as a Valet Parker and deliver or organise the delivery of refresher training as and when needed, ensuring training needs are regularly assessed and acted upon.
- Manage the team ‘on the ground’ to achieve the required vehicle movement numbers per shift and the targeted vehicle movement rates per hour within the vehicle damage budget.
- Help investigate and report on any damage or potential loss incidents using the correct procedure.
- Liaise closely with the Key Room Controller and ensure that you develop and effective working relationship with them.
- Deliver team briefings at the start of a shift – advising on the number of vehicles needing to be moved that day, setting priorities, highlighting any issues/or potential issues that may arise and any issues from the previous day.
- Keep health and safety on the agenda by issuing reminders and picking up on any issues as they happen.
- Lead, monitor and manage your team members’ performance in relation to their driving ability and conduct, in order to minimise the risk of accidents, damage to vehicles and incidents that could result in financial loss to BAL.
- Monitor and address employment issues including absence, conduct and holidays.
- Escalate issues and complaints from the public, BAL management or staff through the appropriate channels.
- Identify and address performance issues with the VP team.
- Help with the skills assessment and training of new staff, including health & safety briefings.
- Help with the out of hours order taking and response delivery service on a rota basis.
- Good management and communication skills gained in a related environment.
- Experience of working within a related business environment, ideally involving the movement of vehicles.
- Sound operational planning, organisational and implementation skills and experience.
- A good motivator, who leads from the front, hands on and inspires confidence and respect from his/her team.
- A full, clean, UK driving licence.
- A positive can-do attitude with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent references.
Salary: £10 per hour (base rate)
To apply: Please forward a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date: On-going