Swissport International Ltd - Dispatch Agent
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry.
Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Job Title: Dispatch Agent
Hours: Part Time/Fixed Term until 29th October 2017
Job description/Overview of the role:
Dispatch Agents manage the entire arrival and departure process overseeing all activities to ensure a safe working environment and achieve an on time departure. Dispatchers will deal with a variety of airline systems and represent Swissport through effective communication with flight and cabin crew at the aircraft side. The Dispatch Agent will ensure that the aircraft departs with all passengers, baggage and cargo are accounted for.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Responsible for auditing fuel ticket information for accuracy.
- Prepare flight paperwork for crew including printing of flight plans, weather reports, passenger lists and airline documentation.
- Communicate aircraft fuel and load data between flight crew and load control departments.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure the aircraft is loaded as intended.
- Prioritise tasks and manage the turnaround of an aircraft from arrival to departure
- Operate air bridges and stand guidance systems
- Drive vehicles airside including cars, vans and mini-buses to provide crew transport to and from the aircraft
- Operate a variety of airline and Swissport computer systems and handheld devices
- Deal with aircraft weight and balance calculations as required
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Benefits: Discounted car parking, Discounted bus travel, Uniform provided, Paid during training period.
Skills/experience required: Customer Service experience
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Apply: Register online at www.swissport.com/careers
Closing Date: Open