Terminal forecourt access
Only authorised vehicles are allowed entry to the terminal forecourt for setting down and picking up passengers.
Bristol Airport is keen to expand bus and coach services between the Airport and the region we serve. This prompted a review of the operation of our Terminal Forecourt Area (TFA), which considered congestion, public safety and security concerns. As a consequence of this review as of 1st October 2017, a new TFA policy will come into force.
The location plan (below) shows the extent and layout of the TFA directly outside the Terminal building. The TFA is divided into five zones numbered 1 - 5;
- Zones 1 and 3 are designated ‘drop off’ and ‘pick up’ areas
- Zones 2 and 4 are for operational vehicles and pre-authorised rest breaks.
- Zone 5 is used by the Airport private hire concession for pickup of passengers
Both Unknown and Known Operators will not be permitted entry unless prior notice of their arrival has been provided to Bristol Airport. For authorisation and full details contact Security Operations either by telephone on 01275 473573 or email during office hours ([email protected]) at least 48 hours (Unknown Operators) and 24 hours (Known Operators) in advance.
As part of this new policy, an access charge will be put in place.
- Unknown Operators - Per Access charge: £12 payable at the Airport Administration building
- Known Operators - Per Access charge: £9 payable on a monthly basis following submission of passenger numbers and vehicle movements
- Authorised Registered Service - Per passenger charge agreed on entering into a concession agreement with BAL to operate out of Bristol Airport
There will be an introductory period of six months from 1st October 2017, during which time no fees over and above those that are already in place will be charged allowing all operators sufficient time to fully read and understand the policy. Following this period, the charging mechanism will be introduced.
Following the introductory period, from 1st April 2018 onwards all operators will be required to adhere fully to the TFA Access Policy.
As part of this process, all Unknown operators, who need to use the terminal forecourt on a more regular daily basis and meet certain basic criteria, will have the opportunity to become Known operators at any point, taking advantage of easier and more convenient access to the TFA. In order to retain Known operator status it will then be necessary to submit passenger numbers (arriving & departing) and movements on a monthly basis.