easyJet continues growth at Bristol Airport with the announcement of four new destinations
Created: 6th Nov 2014
easyJet has today announced its plans for four new routes from the airport to Lanzarote, Catania, Porto and Gibraltar from Summer 2015.
The new routes went on sale this morning at www.easyjet.com and will further extend the range of easy and affordable destinations available to holidaymakers in Bristol and the surrounding areas. In total, easyJet now flies to 50 destinations from Bristol – more than any other airline from the airport – keeping the South West well connected to Europe and beyond. More than 1.3 million seats are on sale for flights to and from the city next summer alone from 1 June to 6 September 2015.
- Bristol to Lanzarote is a year round service, flying twice a week from 18 April 2015. Fares start from £34.99 one-way*.
- Bristol to Catania is a summer service, flying twice a week from 14 May 2015. Fares start from £34.99 one-way*.
- Bristol to Porto is a year round service, flying three times per week from 19 April 2015. Fares start from £32.99 one-way*.
- Bristol to Gibraltar will be Bristol’s only direct scheduled flight service to Gibraltar. It is a year round service, flying three times per week from 19 April 2015. Fares start from £32.99 one-way*.
Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK Commercial Manager, said: “As Bristol’s largest airline, and our biggest UK operation outside of London, we are pleased to continue our growth at the airport and add these new and exciting routes to our network.
“We’re committed to making it even more easy and affordable for travellers across the South West to fly to great destinations, whether it be for leisure or business. We’re constantly listening to the feedback from our customers and are confident that these new routes will prove popular with passengers.“
Kathryn Davis, Head of Tourism, Destination Bristol said: “The announcement of additional flights provides further opportunities for in-bound tourists visiting the area. We are delighted that we will once again establish a route between Bristol and our twin city of Porto. This is an excellent way to celebrate 30 years of the partnership between the two cities and make Bristol more accessible to Portuguese visitors.”
Seats are now on sale and passengers can take advantage of easyJet’s low fares at www.easyjet.com.
* Fares base on two people travelling on the same booking.