easyJet growth in Bristol continues
Created: 16th Apr 2019
More aircraft, routes and passengers take off
- easyJet will position a 17th aircraft at its Bristol base from summer 2019
- Brand new routes to Milan and Brindisi in Italy and Biarritz in France will launch in July
- easyJet will add a second daily flight between Bristol and Paris to allow day trips for business travellers from July
- easyJet summer flights from Bristol will increase by 10% to 770 flights a week in peak summer
- easyJet will this year fly 55 million passengers since launching operations in Bristol over 18 years ago
easyJet, Europe’s leading airline, has announced a number of expansion developments at its Bristol base. The airline will position a 17th aircraft at its South West base and has added three brand new routes to the Bristol network. easyJet will also provide even more frequent flights to some of Bristol’s most in demand destinations, providing great value summer breaks or low-fared commutes for even more passengers.
A further 186-seat Airbus A320 aircraft will now be based in Bristol and joins seven 156-seat Airbus A319 and nine 186-seat A320 aircraft currently serving the airline’s customers in the South West. The additional aircraft will provide 93,000 additional seats for customers looking to travel to and from Bristol this summer.
Three brand new routes have joined the easyJet Bristol network, bringing the total routes now available to 74, with seats on sale from today.
A route between Bristol and Milan Malpensa will operate four times a week throughout the year on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, with first flights taking off on 1st July. Flights between Bristol and Brindisi in Southern Italy will operate twice a week on Wednesdays and Sundays and will launch on the 3rd July and flights between Bristol and Biarritz in the South of France will operate twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays with flights launching on 2nd July, both operating throughout the summer season.
easyJet will also increase its Bristol – Paris Charles de Gaulle frequency, adding an additional daily flight to and from the French capital, providing even more opportunity for customers to enjoy a city getaway and a convenient schedule will allow for great value day trips for commuters from businesses across the South West.
This news follows last week’s announcement that easyJet has put seats on sale for even more frequent flights from Bristol to Belfast, Glasgow and Zakynthos. Glasgow is one of easyJet’s most popular domestic routes at Bristol and in the coming weeks easyJet will celebrate flying a milestone 5 million passengers between the two cities since the route was launched in 2001.
easyJet now operates up to 770 flights a week from Bristol across 74 routes - that’s 10% more flights compared to summer 2018.
In the coming weeks, easyJet will also celebrate flying 55m passengers since it launched operations from Bristol over 18 years ago and expects to fly over 5.2m passengers this year alone.
Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK Country Manager, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to be celebrating further expansion at Bristol Airport. The addition of another aircraft and even more routes will help us to deliver long term, sustainable growth at the base providing passengers with an even greater range of convenient flights to a fantastic variety of destinations across our network - all with low fares and great service.
“We’re putting flights on sale today, allowing our customers to book early and take advantage of our lowest fares to some of our most popular business and leisure destinations.
“Our ongoing growth at Bristol demonstrates easyJet’s long-term commitment to providing connectivity for the South West. We continue to be the largest airline at Bristol and in the coming weeks we will carry our 55 millionth passenger, showing that our customers continue to book with confidence.”
Nigel Scott, Business Development Director for Bristol Airport said:
“This is fantastic news as easyJet continues to invest in Bristol Airport and basing seventeen aircraft at its second largest base. The additional aircraft will provide extra flights to Paris, and an additional three new destinations of Milan, Brindisi and Biarritz to the route network from Bristol Airport. The additional flight to Paris will provide twice daily flights to this hub city, particularly required by businesses in the region for the long-haul route connectivity. These new routes increase the choice of destinations available to passengers in the South West and Wales region, selecting to fly from their local airport.”
Flying programme summary:
- Flights to Milan Malpensa will operate four times a week throughout the year on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from 1st July, with fares starting from £27.20*
- Flights to Biarritz will operate twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 2nd July throughout the summer season, with fares starting from £25.18*
- Flights to Brindisi will operate twice a week on Wednesdays and Sundays from 3rd July throughout the summer, with fares starting from £25.18*
- Flights to Paris Charles de Gaulle will operate twice a day throughout the year with fares starting from £25.18*
- Flights to Belfast will operate up to 20 times a week throughout the summer season, with fares starting from £23.16*
- Flights to Glasgow will operate up to 23 times a week throughout the summer season, with fares starting from £23.16*
- Flights to Zakynthos will operate twice a week throughout the summer season, with fares starting from £35.28*
To book flights and for more information about easyJet’s network from Bristol, visit www.easyJet.com.