What is a Changing Place?Changing Places are a locked facility that provides more space than a normal accessible toilet, to allow adequate room for the additional equipment required, as below, and carers to be present to aid the user.
Who should use this facility?
Severely disabled people, including those with profound and multiple learning disabilities have access to these facilities to meet their needs.
What equipment is provided in the Bristol Airport Changing Places?
- Overhead full room coverage hoist system
- Mobile hydraulic height adjustable changing bench
- Wide tear off paper dispenser
- Privacy screen
- Peninsular conventional close coupled WC with grab rails and support arms
- Electrical height adjustable sink
Important reminder to users
- This is an unmanned facility and users must satisfy themselves as to its suitability prior to use
- Remember it is the responsibility of the user and/or the carers to facilitate the use of the facility and its equipment.
- Please leave the room as you would like to find it. If the room requires attention please use the courtesy phone to inform us.
Please contact our Special Assistance team on 01275 473403, who will inform you of the pin code to use the facility on your departure/arrival date. Please inform us of the following details for travel
- Departure Date and flight time
Where will you find the facility?
The Changing Places facility is located land-side in the arrivals concourse.