Hand baggage guidelines
Our advice is to carry the minimum of hand baggage, and make sure you arrive early at the airport and allow plenty of time for security screening.
Here’s a quick checklist on the rules for hand baggage:
How many bags can I take through security, and what are the size restrictions?
Airlines flying from Bristol Airport have their own restrictions on weight allowance for hold and hand baggage.
It’s down to you to make sure the amount of bags you take through security meets your airline’s guidelines. This means you avoid being refused entry at the boarding gate.
easyJet only allows one piece of hand luggage at the gate. This includes handbags and laptop bags. Each easyJet passenger at Bristol Airport can take one bag containing tax and duty free shopping purchased in the departure lounge. All other bags could incur additional charges at the gate.
View easyJet’s website for more information.
Ryanair allows one cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus one small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 cm.
View Ryanair’s website for more information.
Can I weigh my luggage prior to check-in?
You can weigh your luggage prior to check-in at the Weigh Ahead vending machines. These are located in the Concourse Area and the Silver Zone car park.
General baggage guidelines
- Clearly label all bags with your name and your destination address.
- Ensure you pack your own bag and do not allow anyone to tamper with it.
- Do not carry items for other people.
- Never leave bags or personal belongings unattended. Unattended bags and belongings are considered a security risk and may be removed or destroyed.
- Do not pack any sharp or restricted items in your hand luggage. Check the full guidance before you set off for the airport.
- For the latest travel advice on over 200 countries, and frequently asked travel questions, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Travel Advice (www.fco.gov.uk) site.