Easy access to Bristol city centre, rail and bus links
Just £7 single
Picks up and drops off at Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Bus Station with other key points through the city centre and Bedminster.
Runs every 8 mins
The Airport Flyer is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At peak times, it leaves up to every 8 minutes.
Takes only 30 mins
The Airport Flyer only takes 30 min and has fast and frequent connections. Need more information see the FAQs.
Fast, frequent and value for money
The Airport Flyer Express is the only bus service that gets you from Bristol Airport to Bristol Temple Meads station and Bristol Bus & Coach Station.
*Please note there will be no service operating on Christmas Day, and limited services on Boxing and New Years Day.
Where does it go?
From Bristol Airport, the Airport Flyer route takes you through Bedminster to Bristol Temple Meads (picking up and dropping off from stop 8/9), before continuing a circular route through the city centre, calling at Old Market (for Cabot Circus), the Bus & Coach Station, Colston Avenue and Victoria Street. The service then returns to Temple Meads and on to the airport.
Please note: Temporary Bus Route effective 20th - 24th March 2017
As part of the ongoing works in Bristol City Centre, West Street will be temporarily closed for 4 nights from 1900 hrs on 20th March to 0600 hrs on 24th March 2017. This closure will affect the A1 Bristol Flyer routes both inbound and outbound and the West St/Chessel St bus stop will be missed. The service will utilise the outbound stop on the Parson St one way system and the inbound stop at Parson St station as an alternative.
How much does it cost?
|Local area student return
- One month validity on all return tickets purchased. Student Photo ID cards accepted for travel.
- Family Return ticket discount applies to 2 Adults and 2 Children (under 16 years of age).
- Local area concessionary travel cards will no longer be accepted for free travel. This decision has been taken by the local authority.
How do I book?
- Book online
- Pay the driver when you board.
- Book combined Train/Flyer tickets at www.thetrainline.com or collect tickets from your local train station for all connecting journeys via Temple Meads.
- Buy a Through Ticket on any First Bristol/First Somerset & Avon bus to the City Centre for all local bus connections via Bristol bus station.
- Download the First M-Ticket app, on iOS and Android, to purchase and redeem tickets. Ideal for regular travellers.
Continuing your journey
Train and coach connections
The Airport Flyer enables you to access a vast national and international rail network from Bristol Temple Meads station, which is served every 8 minutes during peak times. There are frequent services to Bath, the West Country, as well as further afield to London, South Wales and the rest of the UK. Find out more
You can buy train tickets to most UK railway stations, and the Airport Flyer Express Link, from the rail ticket machine on the Bristol Airport Arrivals concourse.
Local bus and National Express coach connections are also available from Bristol Bus & Coach Station, on Marlborough Street.
A few things to bear in mind:
- The service runs daily except Christmas Day, with limited services on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- All return tickets are valid for one month.
- We accept local area Student Photo ID Cards (UWE, Bristol, Bath and Bath Spa).
- The family return ticket discount includes two adults and two children (under 16 years of age).
- The child fare includes any person aged five to 15 years inclusive.
- Accompanied children aged 0 to four years inclusive travel free of charge.