Last updated May 2012
By registering for any services on this Site or by providing any information to us, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this Policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Bristol Airport Limited of Bristol Airport, Bristol BS48 3DY.
Information that we collect from you
In general, you can visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the IP addresses, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. In addition, there are parts of this Site where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request, or where requested to register you to our newsletter or to our Rewards programme, or to enable you to use our online car parking booking service. We do this through the use of online forms and every time you email us or provide us with your details in other ways (i.e. over the telephone, by fax, by mail etc.). The information collected from you may include but is not limited to:
- your name, address, landline or mobile telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address;
- your date of birth;
- credit or debit card information;
- how you would normally travel to Bristol Airport;
- where you normally park at Bristol Airport;
- how often you fly each year from Bristol Airport and whether it is predominantly for business or leisure purposes;
- which three destinations you fly to on business most;
- where you heard about our Rewards programme;
- what information you are particularly interested in receiving from us;
- details of the ways in which you are happy to receive information from us and/or selected third parties; and
- information collected to use the on-line car park booking service (such as details of the airline you are travelling with, your departure flight number, your flight destination, your age and how you heard about car parking offers).
- offer games, competitions, draws and other promotional activities that may require online registration. Persons wishing to participate in those activities will be asked to provide certain personal information. Some of the information requested for this purpose is optional, but other information, such as email address, is mandatory because it will be needed to notify and identify winners;
- require the selection of a user ID and password for the use of some of its services or activities;
- offer you the opportunity to receive email updates and announcements concerning our services and special promotions. Personal information you have provided to us may be used to facilitate those communications;
- collect information about you from e-mails, letters, telephone calls, customer satisfaction forms or from any other communications you send to or have with us;
- collect additional information automatically about your visit to our Site.
BRS encourages visitors to its Site to contact us with questions and comments. Email addresses and other information given by persons doing so may also be collected in order to facilitate our responses to those inquiries.
You will find that it is not compulsory to provide us with any additional information we request which is not necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with the services you have requested. Please note that our policy is not to ask for sensitive personal data - that is, data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us. If you choose to do so for any reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this Policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided at the Contact Us page.
Use of Information Collected
IP address information that we collect is not used to personally identify you. It is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve its content.
When other personal information, such as your name and e-mail address, is collected from you with your consent (for example, through the use of on-line forms or via e-mail etc.) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide or which we collect via this Site for the purposes of:
providing any goods or services that you have requested from us (including registering on our Rewards programme, subscribing to receive our newsletters or information relating to changes and developments at Bristol Airport, or subscribing to receive information in relation to airline/tour operators who fly from Bristol Airport;
- billing you and contacting you where necessary concerning your orders (such as for car parking);
- responding to your enquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- providing and personalising our services generally;
- administering records of our subscription services;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource;
- providing you with access to all parts of our Site; and
- where necessary, crime prevention and prosecution of offenders.
Except with your permission or as provided in this Policy, BRS will not sell or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes or use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Site or our services. Where you have consented, we might also use your information to contact you by post, telephone, fax, SMS or by e-mail to let you know about other products and services:
- which we offer and which may be of interest to you;
- which are offered by other companies within BRS; or
- which are offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
The information you provide to us will be held on our server in the United Kingdom and may be accessed by or given to our staff and to third parties including our business partners (such as our web agency, database management company and our car parking management company), government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf, who act for us for the purposes set out in this Policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support and other services on our behalf. We may also:
- disclose personal information you have provided through our Site to persons or companies that we retain to carry out promotions and other activities for which you have registered or in which you have otherwise asked to participate;
- pass aggregate information on the usage of our Site (e.g. we might disclose the median ages of visitors to our Site, or the numbers of visitors to our Site that come from different geographic areas) to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you personally;
- allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you (where you have consented to us doing so). They may contact you by post, telephone, fax, SMS or by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us or them know
- if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, disclose your information to our new business partners or owners.
Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this Policy.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Any payment transactions we process on our Site will be encrypted using SSL technology. You can check whether a webpage is secure as the webpage address will start with "https".
Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Security of Information Collected and Data Retention
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, transmitting information through the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will employ strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Internet Based Transfers and Disclaimer
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore by browsing this Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
Whereas BRS employs reasonable measures to protect against viruses and other harmful components, the nature of the internet is such that it is impossible to ensure that your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that this Site, its servers or emails which may be sent by us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The contents of this Site are designed to comply with the general obligations of the European Directives on Data Protection and E-Privacy. We cannot be responsible for non-compliance with any local advertising or other laws in relation to this Site or its contents.
Accessing and Updating
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to see the personal information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided at the Contact Us page. We are entitled by law to charge a small administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may require proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
Changes to this Policy
BRS reserves the right to revise or supplement this Policy from time to time. You should bookmark and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this Policy. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by checking the "Last Updated" legend at the top of the Policy.
Copyright © 2015 Bristol Airport Limited. All rights reserved.