When to arrive
We do recommend you arrive at least two hours ahead of the scheduled time of departure. Whether you have checked-in online or are checking-in at the airport, do allow plenty of time for traffic, parking and security search.
We endeavour to make your journey through the airport as quick and efficient as possible, but this may take longer when flying at the busiest time, between 06:00 and 07:30. Do remember, it’s your responsibility to arrive on time.
Ways to check-in
Many of our airlines offer online check-in and bag drop facilities. Your flight confirmation email will give details on what to do. On the day of your flight simply visit the bag drop desk or head straight to security with your printed boarding card.
Ryanair operates online check-in only.
Save time and use one of the self-service kiosks located immediately in front of you as you enter the terminal.
On arrival at the airport check the information screens for the correct check-in desk. Once you have checked-in we recommend you go straight to security as most of our restaurants, bars and shops are situated after this point.
If you have checked-in online, have a printed boarding card and do not have any luggage to check-in, you can proceed straight to security.
Self-service bag drop
Self-service bag drop puts you in control of your own hold baggage check in procedure with kiosks to weigh and tag your bags before placing them into the baggage system at a bag drop desk.
Passengers using self-service bag drop at Bristol Airport should follow these simple steps:
- At the entrance to the bag drop area, airline staff check passengers’ passports against their boarding passes.
- Passengers are then directed to a self-service kiosk where they are prompted to scan mobile phone or home printed boarding pass.
- Passengers place their hold bag onto a weigh scale and a baggage tag is automatically generated.
- Passengers attach the tag to their bag.
- Passengers then move forward to a bag drop desk and place the tagged bag onto the baggage belt.
- The tag is checked by scanners to make sure the information is correct and the label attached securely.
- The bag is automatically sent through to the Airport’s baggage system.
Customer hosts are on hand to offer guidance and assistance to passengers.
Remember every airline is different so don’t forget to check specific information directly with them.
Items you may wish to check:
- Sports equipment
- Bag weight allowance
- Priority check-ins
- Additional charges
- Pre-booking a seat or sitting together