Jet2.com & Jet2holidays take baggage handling & ramp operations in-house at Bristol AirportCreated: 3rd Mar 2023
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have today announced that their customers at Bristol Airport will benefit from an even better end-to-end experience after their ramp-handling operations, which includes baggage handling, were taken in-house.
The move comes as part of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ ongoing commitment to always developing the customer experience and its operations, ahead of its biggest ever summer at Bristol Airport.
In just their third summer of operations at the airport, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have a significantly expanded programme on sale for Summer 23. The leading leisure airline and UK’s largest tour operator have 32 sun and city destinations for customers and independent travel agents to choose from this summer from Bristol Airport – with capacity increasing by 13% compared to last summer. With over 925,000 seats on sale, the companies will operate almost 100 weekly flights during peak periods.
This expansion includes two brand-new destinations for Summer 23 – Malaga and Chania (Crete), the latter which is an exclusive destination from the airport. A seventh-based aircraft will come into operation at the base to support this expansion, with a team of over 400 colleagues looking after customers.
This now includes a dedicated ramp-handling team including Ramp Agents and Baggage Loaders. Working as part of the Ground Operations Team, the team are responsible for ensuring that flights depart safely and on time, whilst providing a VIP experience for customers. There are opportunities available in the team, and further information can be found at www.jet2careers.com.
As a result of today’s announcement, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays now self-handle at Birmingham, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle and London Stansted Airports, as well as Bristol.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The reason we are a multiple award-winning airline and tour operator is because provide an industry-leading experience for our customers and continually look for ways to improve that even further. Today’s announcement represents a significant investment in our Bristol Airport operation and we know it will deliver an even better end-to-end experience for our customers. We are looking forward to operating our biggest ever summer programme from Bristol this year, and we are absolutely delighted at the response that our fantastic product is getting from customers and independent travel agents across the region.”
Key Summer Sun highlights for 2023 from Bristol Airport for Jet2.com and Jet2holidays include:
- 32 sun destinations on sale (peak number of flights per week in brackets).
- Includes BRAND NEW Malaga and Chania (Crete).
- Antalya (6), Bodrum (2), Dalaman (6), Tenerife (7), Lanzarote (4), Fuerteventura (2), Gran Canaria (3), Alicante (4), Malaga (4), Reus (2), Girona (1), Palma (Majorca) (9), Ibiza (5), Menorca (3), Faro (Algarve) (6), Madeira (1), Crete (Heraklion) (2), Crete (Chania) (1), Corfu (3), Halkidiki (1), Kefalonia (2), Skiathos (3), Santorini (1), Kos (3), Preveza (1), Rhodes (4), Zante (3), Larnaca (2), Paphos (2), Verona (1), Innsbruck (1), Malta (2).
- Over 925,000 seats on sale (capacity increase of 13% compares to Summer 22) and almost 100 departing weekly flights during peak periods.
- A team of over 400 colleagues.